Monday, May 16, 2011

Two Cool Venues -- Gershon Bachus Vintners and Monteleone Meadows



A winter day at Gershon Bachus

So I'm watching The Soup and who pops on the screen but the unflappably professional Joe Vizcaino ("Joey"), Director of beautiful local winery Gershon Bachus Vintners, deflecting the "advances" (?) of the Real Housewives of Orange County.

I had the reception for my adult bat mitzvah at Gershon Bachus, and I cannot recommend them highly enough for a supremely special, luxurious event.

Oh, and did I mention....their catering is by Sorrel? This is no rubber chicken dinner. Nope. My guests were talking about the "adult grilled cheese" (with Chef Adrian's special house-made fig chutney) for days.

You'll feel like you're hosting family and friends at your private Tuscan estate at Gershon Bachus, while at this other cool location I just discovered, you'll feel like you invited them to your own secluded, edenic meadow.

Tucked away off Winchester near Benton Road in French Valley is Monteleone Meadows. I was honored to attend a dear friend's daughter's First Communion in the Catholic faith. They attend Blessed Teresa of Calcutta, which doesn't have their own building yet.

Ever driven along that stretch of Winchester heading out toward French Valley where you pass Fausto's Bail Bonds, with all the Hummers and other cool cars with "Fausto's" signs in their parking lot, then the Catholic church that meets in the Moose Lodge? That's Blessed Teresa's temporary home. (By the way, that is the new Moose Lodge location, and it used to be French Valley Winery.)

The congregation held First Communion for a bunch of children, and the mass was delivered from a beautiful lakeside gazebo at Monteleone Meadows. What a lovely setting for a special day.

This is a beautiful setting for a variety of events, especially weddings. I can't vouch for venue-catered food. I was at Catholic mass so I had....doughnuts and coffee, of course:-)

Gershon Bachus Vintners
www.gershonbachus.com
37750 De Portola Drive (on the De Portola Wine Trail)
Temecula, CA 92592
(877)I LUV GBV

Monteleone Meadows
www.monteleonemeadows.com
35245 Briggs Road
Murrieta, CA 92563
(951)677-6403

No comments:

Post a Comment