Monday, October 12, 2009

Morning Memo from Juliet - September 27, 2009

Morning Memo from Juliet for Sunday, September 27, 2009


Good morning!

I went to high school in the Santa Cruz area, which is a book lover's paradise. I was THRILLED to discover that the Temecula Valley now has a wonderful independent bookstore which reminds me of my hometown: ECLECTIC BOOKS in Murrieta.

What a hidden little gem of a shop! It won't be hidden for long since its shopping center (currently anchored by Fresh & Easy, at Margarita where it dead-ends into Murrieta Hot Springs Road) is the future site of cult favorite Sonic drive-in.

Eclectic Books sells a wide variety of new and used books, plus they have a generous, comfy seating area with tables, chairs, magazines, and even board games.

I was thrilled to discover racks with used sheet music (wow!)

I picked up a 1952 etiquette book (I collect them just for fun) and a couple of paperbacks for my third grader.

Eclectic Books warmly welcomes book clubs, browsers, sit-and-readers, and anyone else who loves the printed word. Tell them Daily Temecula sent you!

Have a relaxing day curled up with a good book.

Juliet

No comments:

Post a Comment