Friday, July 31, 2009

Morning Memo for July 22, 2009

Happy HOT morning! Whew! I hope you are getting through this latest heat wave okay. Here's my favorite easy herbal iced tea recipe, which I've adapted over the years trying to duplicate the fantastic tea served at Native Foods in Palm Desert:




Pour boiling water over 4 Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger and 4 Lemon Zinger tea bags; steep 10 minutes and add 2 c apple juice. Chill & serve over ice garnished with fresh mint.




My neighbor had a scary night with her young son in the emergency room recently after he spent a long afternoon in the sun without drinking enough. He was in a swimming pool but still became dangerously dehydrated and over-exposed to the sun. Remember to keep drinking even if you feel cool and avoid direct sun during the hottest part of the day.




Meet me at a tweet-up and happy hour tomorrow, Thursday, July 23, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Miramonte Winery (33410 Rancho California Road), hosted by KKsWebs.




Daily Temecula will be at San Diego Comic-Con! I'm sure I'll have some fun pictures to share. Have a fantastic day!



No comments:

Post a Comment