Saturday, August 1, 2009

Morning Memo for August 1, 2009

Whew! How did it get to be almost August? For those of us with kids in Temecula Valley Unified School District schools, nine weeks is too short! I grew up in the 70s, back when summer vacation sprawled all the way from early June until after Labor Day. (Ditto for my New York-bred husband, only we didn't have to contend with snow days.)



I am bound & determined to squeeze every last droplet of fun & relaxation out of this summer. Check out my blog, where my kids and I are working on the Summer 101 List. Will we finish before school starts? It might be a photo finish!



What's doing this weekend? Tomorrow, August 1, you can check out the GRAND OPENING of Delaney's in Old Town (and if you missed it, read all about it and see pictures in the Focus On... section of Daily Temecula.)



Also, did you know Pizza Fusion (on Winchester across from the Barnes & Noble side of the Promenade Mall, in the Trader Joe's shopping center) has free pizza Fridays? Follow them on Twitter (@pizzafusion, @PizzaFusion951) for the lowdown.



A friend asked me the other day, "Is there a 'season' or 'better time' to go wine tasting in Temecula?"



I say every day is a great day for wine tasting in Temecula, whether you are at a winery, tasting room, or one of our cool new regional wine bars. But psst!!!!! Go on a weekday.



Have a wonderful day here in town or wherever your travels may take you!

Juliet



Help us grow - steal my code: Click here to find code to add to your website or blog. Just cut and paste the code in the box to the right of the logo. Spread the word! While you're at it, sign up to follow Daily Temecula on Twitter: @dailytemecula.



Juliet


No comments:

Post a Comment