SCHEDULED for June 20: the perfect pre-Father's Day activity! Dads and kids can attend a workshop together at the Rose Haven Heritage Garden (30592 Jedediah Smith Road, 677-0028 for info.) The workshop is presented by the Temecula Valley Rose Society and it is all about planting pumpkin and sunflower seeds. Fun! If you haven't checked out that garden lately, head on over. It's really lovely.
* ONGOING: Some kids who have trouble picking up reading find their skills improve when they can practice in a relaxing environment. The Paws to Read program is available at the library on Pauba Road on Saturday mornings (call 693-8980 to schedule a time.) Kids make themselves comfortable and enhance their skills by reading to a non-judgmental friend: a licensed therapy dog.
* STEEPING: California Tea & Coffee Brewery (40315 Winchester, near Margarita) brews up to-order high-end gourmet teas and coffees daily. Customers are served by the Waldens, owners and pasionate tea enthusiasts (and frequent Twitter updaters on topics relating to tea, coffee, and Temecula - follow them on Twitter @CA_tea.
* RELOCATING IN OLD TOWN: Local mom-about-town Krista Gillett reports that longtime favorite Sweet Lumpy's BBQ is relocating to another location in Old Town and a Mediterranean restaurant will go into the former location. I saw that Sweet Lumpy's was empty last time I was driving through Old Town and I'm glad it's sticking around. Krista also reports that the new fruit market on Old Town Front Street is open and looks quaint. If anyone has checked it out, report back! Thanks for the tips, Tipster Krista!
* SIT...STAY...GOOD DOG! Local supermom & dog expert Andi Albright presents Good Dog Training Academy. (If Freshmen learn Sit, Stay, and Down, I cannot even imagine what a Nursery School class looks like! Andi is patient.)
* WALKIN' THE DOG: Diane Powers of Diane's Doggies offers dog (and other critters) sitting and walking in Temecula/Murrieta as well as neighboring areas. She comes to her clients' homes plus she offers boarding at her own acreage. Check out the pictures of her satisfied doggie friends on her site.